The project, which is currently in progress, involves the holistic management of 20,000 digital water meters, their consumption data and alarms through SmartVille, the IoT & AI digital platform developed by IANIC, Member of Olympios Group. The platform enables Heraklion Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Service to effectively monitor and control the extensive network of digital water meters installed in the internal networks of the Municipality of Heraklion.
The functionality of SmartVille is truly remarkable. Data collected from the digital water meters is stored and processed in IANIC’s Big Data infrastructure and then seamlessly presented on the interactive dashboards of SmartVille. The comprehensive visualization and analysis allow Heraklion Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Service to gain valuable insights into household water consumption profiles, identify possible anomalies or irregularities, and make informed decisions to optimize distribution and conserve water resources, as well as address any issues that may arise.
Through a single interface, Heraklion Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Service will have a complete overview of the following information:
- Total number of digital water meters, number of readings and number of meters with internal alarms.
- Events recorded by internal alarms sorted by type.
- Total consumption by consumer category (residential, municipal, industrial).
- Total and average consumption of water meters in m3 per route/area/city for the specified period compared to the previous one.
- Average consumption of water meters in m3 per route/area/city for the specified period compared to the previous one.
- Total number of water meters with zero and above-average consumption for the specified and the previous corresponding period.
- Daily water consumption in m3 for the specified period compared to the previous one per day/hour.
- A list of all registered water meters and a separate tab for each water meter with detailed information.
In essence, IANIC provides Heraklion Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Service with a powerful tool for efficient water management, allowing them to monitor, analyze and make informed decisions based on real-time data.